-
Re: knoppix 5.3 won't boot in default mode

Originally Posted by
Gemu
Greetings! I have knoppix 5.3 on DVD and the only way I can get it to load is by typing knoppix tesddvd. Everything checks out ok but it takes about thirty minutes to load the system. Is that normal? Am I missing something? If I hit enter I get a red message saying can not insert cdrom/knoppix modules clooplco cant allocate memory.
Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks in advance
Yes I had the same problem but the fix was easy. I have been playing with knoppix off and on for some time, and have now gotten back on it. Surly enough, I ran into the same problems of not having the default booting, for that matter any of the images booting up as well.
So what I have set up on my HD is a dual boot of Windows Xp and Knoppix 5.3.1. With the right amount of HD space already set, I had to reformat the side to where I was going to install knoppix. The problem was my knoppix would not boot up current when it was under the ext3 format. it works fine if you use the ext2 with a 1 GB swap.. try that and see if it works.
Similar Threads
-
By Orion6 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2008, 04:49 AM
-
By kainalu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
-
By rioswill in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
-
By oliju in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08