-
Can't locate kernel image knoppix and boot params...grrrrr
Hi,
Knoppix newbie, Linux veteran (slack).
I have a laptop with no HDD in it and am using Knoppix 5.1.1 CD to boot and do stuff. I two usb memory sticks (1GB and 4GB).
When I create a persistent Knoppix disk image everything goes fine (/dev/sda 4GB usb). The info at the end of the image creation says to pass the boot param home=/dev/sda or home=scan a la:
boot: knoppix home=/dev/sda
So..I reboot and get to the boot prompt and do:
boot: knoppix home=/dev/sda
but I get the error:
could not find kernel image: knoppix
??? what's the problem?
So I'm thinking maybe the kernel is called something more common so I do:
boot: linux home=/dev/sda
Kernel image is found and boots into Knoppix normally, but the boot param has no effect.../dev/sda/knoppix.img is not mounted as home.
So, the next time I reboot with NO boot params, at some time during the boot phase, Knoppix tells me it has found a saved image on /dev/sda and would I like it mounted as home....yes I would thank you. Knoppix finishes booting and indeed /dev/sda/knoppix.img is mounted as home. Next time I boot no such luck...and it hasn't found the knoppix.img since....
Any help??? I'm pretty sick of reconfigging things every time I boot...
My USB sticks are not flaky in any way and exhibit no ill behavior.
C
Similar Threads
-
By steptayl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2006, 11:24 PM
-
By Frunktz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 08:55 PM
-
By trotfox in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 08:21 PM
-
By sinanju in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:03 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

128GB (8x16GB) DDR4-2400 ECC Registered Server RAM PC4-2400T 2Rx8 RDIMM
$525.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

*Lot of 63* Samsung Micron Hynix 8GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM 1Rx4 2Rx8 Server RAM
$1787.77

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00