-
Booting Problems
Hi all:
I'm hoping you can help me, and I hope it is a simple fix.
I just purchased and recieved the Knoppix 5.3.1 DVD. I booted it up and it worked great for about 20 mins. I think I x'd out of something and I guess i shouldn't have. The system froze on me, so I ended up restarting the computer. I didn't think or know that it was going to have any effect on the system going forward.
I rebooted the computer and the next thing that came up was this
"Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-DVD
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix#"
Basically won't let me back in to the computer to use knoppix.
I then went to another computer, much older one, but have updated the memory....
and still get the same error.
I then decided I wanted the computers to boot via USB so I did my investigation on the internet and they had a solution to boot via usb flash drive. I downloaded the Knoppix 5.3.1 iso along with the additional booting programs that were provided on the link. Went through it step by step and ended getting the same error message as the DVD booting problem.
I go into f2 and f3 and try all the commands---debug, dvdtest..... all the different option that are provided and still can't get it to load up.
Can you please help me. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Jim D.
Similar Threads
-
By iltmpz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By rockinrodent in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By login365 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer w Box READ
$299.00

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$200.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00