-
HDD Recovery Issue
Greets,
My hard drive running windows XP crashed about a week ago with a corrupt registry error preventing me from being able to start the OS. I am trying to gain access to the protected administrator account to back up several files that I didn't have anywhere else. I was unable to achieve this using my vista and other xp pc by taking ownership. I remembered I had an old version of Knoppix (v3.6) and booted it up on my XP laptop. I was able to access the protected files no problem but could NOT copy them. I've checked both hard drive partitions made them read and writable and under devices un-checked read only. Re-mounted them both and still no go
. Is it because they are both NTFS? I've hooked up a USB flash drive that was fat32 and attempted to copy over the files with the same results. I am not that familiar with Knoppix and am confused to what I am doing wrong.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By Ixtab in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2010, 09:42 PM
-
By Metallo in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
-
By zebraengine in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 05:54 AM
-
By McMahon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 11:43 AM
-
By giacomix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66