Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73

    * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)

    - new PCMCIA wireless card entries
    - wavelan-ng-modules is back (forgot that in the previous release)
    - removed some older/unneeded gnome libraries
    - kdevelop seems to create KDE applications again after updating
    some KDE-packages from unstable.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigren
    - new PCMCIA wireless card entries
    - wavelan-ng-modules is back (forgot that in the previous release)
    - removed some older/unneeded gnome libraries
    - kdevelop seems to create KDE applications again after updating
    some KDE-packages from unstable.
    OH MY GOSH

    If this has my card....3com Wireless LAN ATMEL Based w/ XJACK antenna I'm going to TRULY LOVE this distribution.

    I hope my wireless card works with the new updates....This WILL BE my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE linux ditribution if it does.

    Thanks EITHER WAY though for this great version of Linux...Never been able to install Linux this easy in my life.

    Here's a thread i posted recommending KNOPPIX on a site I goto

    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=165299

    If its ATMEL support isn't already in this update...i hope you'll look at this site....or i hope someone will figure out how to put this in and let me know how.

    http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/

    THANKS AGAIN!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8
    I have d/led this and tried to use it but I still have a problem with X server not coming up at all. I do have ATI Rage 128 32 Mb video card. I have posted this problem to HDD install forum. I'd like to use ati instead of fbdev xmodule. Any suggestions or possible solutions is appreciated.

    Thank you,

    mag

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3

    * V3.2-2003-03-23 (small updates)


    Is the file ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.uni-kl....3-03-24-EN.iso The same as the release that we are discusing here, or something newer/different?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    I'm reminded of the meaning of the word BETA...because this version of KNOPPIX

    Won't EVEN boot on my laptop machine.

    But KUDOS for getting OpenOffice.org fixed so quickly...

    It won't boot (says boot failed) on my laptop machine but I tried a different machine and it worked.

    But something must've changed because it used to boot quite well on that laptop machine before.
    But this is an unstable kernel i think so i guess i'll just have to keep waiting for more new releases.

    Keep up the GREAT work...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    I learned quite a while ago with linux, if an older release works use it.

    rock

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RockMumbles
    I learned quite a while ago with linux, if an older release works use it.

    rock
    You're absolutely right on that. I have Libranet2.7 and Knoppix 3.1 November release installed on my HD. They work really great. Good thing is that they are based on Debian. I have recently upgraded both of them to the latest software. But still, I'd like to try out new Linux flavors as they come out.

    mag

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3

    03-24

    what is new in the release 03-24 that was released today at ftp.freenet.de mirror?

    -Erik

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    mag,

    Good to hear about other Libranet users hanging around here
    I've been using Libranet 1.9 and 2.0 for almost 2 years now. Even used libranet 1.2.x (until I mangled it)

    How does Libranet work with your ati card?

    Have you tried the XF86Config-4 sw_cursor option in knoppix?

    (snip)...
    Section "Device"
    ### Available Driver options are:-
    # sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
    #Option "sw_cursor"
    (snip)...

    just wondering?

    rock

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1

    Too lazy to install Debian

    You get all the convenience and stability of Debian, without all the hassle.

    This is my new favorite (hdinstalled) distro!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. V3.4-2004-05-10 (small updates)
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
  2. V3.4-2004-05-16 (small updates)
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
  3. Version 3.3 2003-09-24 - Small Bug Fix.
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
  4. V3.2-2003-03-30 (small update)
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99