-
Good Day Folks,
I have copies of both the 6.0.1 w/ & w/o Adriane. I very near tossed both after trying the 6.0.1 and finding that half the programs simply would not run. Programs I was used to were AWOL and that really surprised me. Neither is a "Swiss Army Knife". They almost look like the developers were trying to emulate winblow$ XP GUI'ish. The rapid rabbit start-up that makes it nearly impossible to do cheat-codes, not nice. I must admit though it booted fairly quickly. I don't know about LADE as a desktop. I still think I prefer KDE 3.0 I haven't finished messing with 4.0 though it isn't fairing well so far...
I did however, have a very good experience at a hotel In The St. Louis area where there for CME. The point is further down the line so if you will just bear with me..
The hotel was a fairly nice place with Wi-Fi in the room, "High Speed Internet" ,and absolutely NO way to plug in Cat 5e for an ethernet card. Ttheir tower was so bad that, while I got the signal, it wasn't strong enough to get me to the login page. After several tries I took my brand new HP v125 flash drive and headed for the hotel's business office. So far, So Good, then the first surprise, when I plugged in my FD to the windows kiosk version it crashed the system. It would not reboot while the FD was in. A couple tries layer I grabbed my Knoppix disk the 6.0.1 (I'd left the 5.3.1 at home) and went to the front desk. I got lucky in that the young man on duty was Knoppix familiar and runs a Debian system. So no problem getting permission to reset the bios boot order. Remember now, this is a wireless set up and I have always had problems getting wireless to work on any version of Knoppix.
I loaded the disk and it booted up quickly and though it took me a minute or two0 to figure out how to use it the connection pop up balloon showed I was connected. No muss, No Fuss! In fifteen minutes I was done and the data I needed on a different FD I knew to be good. I hope this functionality remains if a DVD ever becomes existent.
In Service & In Health,
Captain V. Cautious ,
Similar Threads
-
By zentu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
-
By nabetse in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
-
By nabetse in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 07:08 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 17
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 08:24 AM
-
By jlnunez in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh ADB
$39.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Computer Travel Bag Tote Shoulder Side Bag with Strap
$125.00

Vintage Apple M1893 Power Supply PowerBook 500 520 540 550 AC Charger * Cracked
$21.00

1994 Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7.5 Floppy Disc Set - Disk Tools & Disks 1-7
$36.00

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064
$199.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple IIe Slot 3 Clock – Southern California Research Group
$175.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99