No one can help me? I didn't think this would be that hard of a problem to fix for someone who knew more about Linux.
Hello,
I'm a total Knoppix noob. I've been playing around with a 5.1 Live CD since my Vista crashed. I'm starting to get the hang of it through trial and error and much forum research.
I'm trying to get Flashplayer 10 to work with Iceweasel. I used one of the guides on the forum here to do an install from the tar.gz. file I downloaded from Adobe. The installer ran great through the command line from the installer script with no problems. When I go into Aboutlugins in Iceweasel I only see the java plugin, no flashplayer! I tried the same install for konqueror, no errors, but still no flash.
[edit] I have also tried copying the .so file to the appropriate folders with no results.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!
No one can help me? I didn't think this would be that hard of a problem to fix for someone who knew more about Linux.
uhm you tried to install it to your home folder and pointing Iceweasel there?
How do I point Iceweasel there? I tried doing that with Konqueror since it let's you choose what folders it scans for plugins, but it never came up in a scan.
When running the ./install-flashplayer (or whatever it's called exactly) It asks me for a valid Iceweasel location. Would it be better to just extract the .Tar file and put the .so file where I need it?
I just ran ./flashplayer-installer again as root. I directed it to the /usr/lib/iceweasel folder. No errors during install, and the libflashplayer.so file is in the plugins folder, but Iceweasel still doesn't show it installed when I open aboutlugins. Does Iceweasel automatically look somewhere else for the plugin files?
Hi, in Knoppix 6.0 it's fairly simple, maybe it works the same with your version. Just follow the #7 post in this link: http://www.techsupportforum.com/alte...n-knoppix.html
There's no need to direct to any folder or anything, it just installs. Just make sure you don't have Iceweasel running otherwise you'll have to shut it down and restart to enable flash-player.
EDIT: we linux noobs frequently overlook the obvious. The proper method is to open System Tools>Synaptic Package Manager; press 'Reload' to load the available Debian packages; then 'Search' and type 'flashplugin'; then mark the package for installation and its done! If Iceweasel is running, close it and restart to enable the plugin.
Or even
# apt-get update
# apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
All you n00bs listen up!!![]()
![]()
The Iceweasel in KNOPPIX 5.1 Live(this is what I am using) DOES NOT support FLASH PLAYER 10 even though the system requirements page of Adobe Flash Player 10 says Firefox 2.x and above. You need to get yourself FLASH PLAYER 9. Here's the link
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used
$109.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP
$304.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00