Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can't get Flashplayer 10 to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Can't get Flashplayer 10 to work

    Hello,

    I'm a total Knoppix noob. I've been playing around with a 5.1 Live CD since my Vista crashed. I'm starting to get the hang of it through trial and error and much forum research.

    I'm trying to get Flashplayer 10 to work with Iceweasel. I used one of the guides on the forum here to do an install from the tar.gz. file I downloaded from Adobe. The installer ran great through the command line from the installer script with no problems. When I go into Aboutlugins in Iceweasel I only see the java plugin, no flashplayer! I tried the same install for konqueror, no errors, but still no flash.

    [edit] I have also tried copying the .so file to the appropriate folders with no results.


    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    No one can help me? I didn't think this would be that hard of a problem to fix for someone who knew more about Linux.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    uhm you tried to install it to your home folder and pointing Iceweasel there?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    How do I point Iceweasel there? I tried doing that with Konqueror since it let's you choose what folders it scans for plugins, but it never came up in a scan.

    When running the ./install-flashplayer (or whatever it's called exactly) It asks me for a valid Iceweasel location. Would it be better to just extract the .Tar file and put the .so file where I need it?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    I just ran ./flashplayer-installer again as root. I directed it to the /usr/lib/iceweasel folder. No errors during install, and the libflashplayer.so file is in the plugins folder, but Iceweasel still doesn't show it installed when I open aboutlugins. Does Iceweasel automatically look somewhere else for the plugin files?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Hi, in Knoppix 6.0 it's fairly simple, maybe it works the same with your version. Just follow the #7 post in this link: http://www.techsupportforum.com/alte...n-knoppix.html
    There's no need to direct to any folder or anything, it just installs. Just make sure you don't have Iceweasel running otherwise you'll have to shut it down and restart to enable flash-player.

    EDIT: we linux noobs frequently overlook the obvious. The proper method is to open System Tools>Synaptic Package Manager; press 'Reload' to load the available Debian packages; then 'Search' and type 'flashplugin'; then mark the package for installation and its done! If Iceweasel is running, close it and restart to enable the plugin.

    Or even
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    All you n00bs listen up!!


    The Iceweasel in KNOPPIX 5.1 Live(this is what I am using) DOES NOT support FLASH PLAYER 10 even though the system requirements page of Adobe Flash Player 10 says Firefox 2.x and above. You need to get yourself FLASH PLAYER 9. Here's the link

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

Similar Threads

  1. Mozilla profiles work for Windows and won't work for Musix
    By ml2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
  2. how do i install downloaded programs flashplayer etc..
    By zagloba in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:55 AM
  3. flashplayer
    By heffeque in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:32 PM
  4. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  5. Problems with flashplayer in V3.3 19-11
    By kazbek007 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S  2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory picture

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory

$27.95



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$378.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39