-
Re: Mounting with Write Access
Hello, I had recently the same issue,
but I've right now found a solution:
I'm running knoppix usualy withnout GUI, so I do type at the isolinux boot screen.
When I've used mount
Code:
/dev/ntfs_partition /tmp/some_dir
It was completed succesfuly, but without write permisions.
So, I've tried ntfsmount
Code:
/dev/ntfs_partition /tmp/some_dir
and it returned error that "fuse" module is not loaded,
after entering the command
Code:
ntfsmount /dev/ntfs_partition /tmp/some_dir
completed succesfully with write privileges.
I hope this will be useful for others too 
BlueJack

Originally Posted by
ljwestfall3
Hello everyone. In Knoppix 5.1, I had no trouble mounting flash drives and NTFS partitions with write access. Now when i try to do it under Knoppix 6, it says "Read-only file system" whenever I try to create a directory. It seemed to have did it automatically under 5.1.
Something else I notice is when I install knoppix to a flash drive, and reboot, I have to recreate the mount points (/media/sda1 for example)
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks - Jason
Similar Threads
-
By fergus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By Slay3r in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By uw99er in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By Johnny3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$79.99

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00