Try it. The knoppix system does not write anything to your hard drive, so insert the CD and boot from it. Knoppix 6 uses a microkernel so, not sure what changes Klaus has made without looking at the change log.
I just made a boot disk for Knoppix 6.0.1. It works great! I have been relunctant to try it, however, on my system with a Promise TX4310 RAID 5 array. I am not having problems, but I wish to have an option to use Knoppix if any problems do arise. I searched in your forums and found people who had problems using it on such a system. They were using it on earlier versions, though. Will this version recognize my setup?
If not, Promise has drivers for Suse, RHEL, RedHat, and even source code that can be recompiled to use with any Linux OS version Kernel 2.6.
What is my best option?
Fred
Try it. The knoppix system does not write anything to your hard drive, so insert the CD and boot from it. Knoppix 6 uses a microkernel so, not sure what changes Klaus has made without looking at the change log.
I looked around and found the changelog. i founf a reference to the company that made my raid card, although it was back in 2003, but that encouraged me to try it.
Neither the dvd or the cd worked, however.
The dvd completed enabling dma for the dvd drive. It called it hda. Then it was looking for the file system at /dev/hda, but it never could find it. The dvd light never came on.
The cd seemed to boot fine, but it didn't recognize my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The keyboard worked with the dvd, but I never had a chance to check the mouse.
I searched the forum and tried a couple of things with no success.
Any ideas?
Fred

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35
ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 LGA2011-3 + Intel i7-5960X 8-Core Combo Tested
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$484.00
Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00