-

Originally Posted by
edzillion
As usual I went ahead like a blunderbus and did lots of things I had no idea what I was doing.
Anyway I had a problem accessing the internal drive on my laptop and was getting the same error as the OP:
Unable to mount device
Error org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure
So tried to mount it various ways and then used the command:
mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/sda1 -o force
which worked fine.
Step 2:
Tried to get the USB hard drive to be recognised so I could copy the data off the drive, so again:
mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdb /media/sdb -o force
which worked. Copied all the information off the internal drive and then put the usb drive into my windows machine (didnt dismount). When added it recognises a usb mass storage device but doesnt appear in my computer. Also I tried remounting it in knoppix but I get the error 'NTFS is either inconsistent, or you have hardware faults......'
any ideas?
Oh and where and when do you put this commands?
Similar Threads
-
By mikeadams in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
-
By royston in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By jimandjeanette in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:50 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99