-
Where is Knoppix Menu on Knoppix 6.0.1?
Well, I just downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 to use in my company's laptop. I need to use some tools that I can't intall in Windows because of some policy.
But that's not the issue.
The thing is that I wanted to make a persistent Knoppix image so I don't need to configure Knoppix all the time.
I'm booting Knoopix from a flash drive so thigs can be saved easily.
I know by other versions of Knoppix that this option is on the menu with a figure of Tux right next to the K icon, but in this version the K icon has become a bird icon (i think) and the Knoppix Menu with the Tux icon has gone.
I wonder how I can create this persistent image on Knoppix 6.0.1.
Also, when I was booting Knoppix, I was asked if I wanted to use some of my flash drive space to save configuraron files (or something like that), but that this just doesn't work. Even alocating 700MB (the minimum is 200MB), every time I boot Knoppix again it's like the first time. No configurarion stored at all.
Any tips?
Thanks a lot!
Similar Threads
-
By m005k in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
-
By mouratos1a in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:23 AM
-
By Reaper1988 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
-
By zroiy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 09:00 AM
-
By jex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95