Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Where is Knoppix Menu on Knoppix 6.0.1?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    Where is Knoppix Menu on Knoppix 6.0.1?

    Well, I just downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 to use in my company's laptop. I need to use some tools that I can't intall in Windows because of some policy.
    But that's not the issue.
    The thing is that I wanted to make a persistent Knoppix image so I don't need to configure Knoppix all the time.
    I'm booting Knoopix from a flash drive so thigs can be saved easily.
    I know by other versions of Knoppix that this option is on the menu with a figure of Tux right next to the K icon, but in this version the K icon has become a bird icon (i think) and the Knoppix Menu with the Tux icon has gone.
    I wonder how I can create this persistent image on Knoppix 6.0.1.
    Also, when I was booting Knoppix, I was asked if I wanted to use some of my flash drive space to save configuraron files (or something like that), but that this just doesn't work. Even alocating 700MB (the minimum is 200MB), every time I boot Knoppix again it's like the first time. No configurarion stored at all.
    Any tips?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    The K menu is for KDE, the desktop environment. Knoppix 6.0.* has replaced KDE with LXDE. Unfortunately, and remember, this is a beta release, the saveconfig and knoppix-mkimage shell scripts appear to be missing. Previously, they were in /usr/sbin, if you used the command line.

    I'm hoping that this will be corrected in a stable release, but have no idea of when that will be.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    The K menu is for KDE, the desktop environment. Knoppix 6.0.* has replaced KDE with LXDE. Unfortunately, and remember, this is a beta release, the saveconfig and knoppix-mkimage shell scripts appear to be missing. Previously, they were in /usr/sbin, if you used the command line.

    I'm hoping that this will be corrected in a stable release, but have no idea of when that will be.
    How can I download the Knoppix 6.0.1 source code ? I cannot find it on the Knoppix FTP server,
    which is very funny as Knoppix creators promised to uphold the GPL, which is the core of the
    GNU Phisolophy.

    Who do I contact to get the source code ? I want to correct some bugs, for example date and time
    settings on the bottom right corner. For this I need the source code.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    How can I download the Knoppix 6.0.1 source code ? I cannot find it on the Knoppix FTP server,
    which is very funny as Knoppix creators promised to uphold the GPL, which is the core of the
    GNU Phisolophy.

    Who do I contact to get the source code ? I want to correct some bugs, for example date and time
    settings on the bottom right corner. For this I need the source code.
    This might be what you're looking for:

    http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/[/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix menu
    By m005k in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
  2. New at Knoppix 5 no save persistent option in Knoppix menu
    By mouratos1a in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:23 AM
  3. Won't go to the knoppix menu
    By Reaper1988 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
  4. KDE 'KNOPPIX' menu
    By zroiy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 09:00 AM
  5. K-menu 'KNOPPIX'
    By jex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99