-
KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-DE....Installation Failure
Good Afternoon,
Having become annoyed with the Microsoft Buisness Plan
[i.e. Producing a continual stream of Windows operating system, in which the end-user has to keep purchasing, if on-going support is required]. I thought I would give Linux a try. Easy I thought, Look around, find a good distribution, download iso, burn to DVD and install - Easy, well not quite.
Having burned the DVD, I selected install to Hard drive [graphical & text mode]. After about 10 minutes into the installation process the computer just hangs - Blinking cursor and that the lot. When I undertook the installation process in text mode, a line just prior the point on freeze is highlighted in red. Unfortunatly it is not very informative.
* Failed to load necessary Drivers
That all, I do not know what drivers it is attempting to load. I, thinking it was a DVD burn issue
1. Burnt original download iso to DVD a second time - Still failed at the same point
2. Downloaded a new copy of the DVD iso and transferred it to DVD for the 3rd time - Again the installation failed at the same point
I appear to be missing some fundemental understanding of the installation process. Would anyone care to enlighted me ?
Thank you
Kind Regards
Paul
-
My first step is to run the "check sum" program to see if I downloaded the iso file correctly (before burning to CD or DVD). I verified a good download by running
md5sum -c KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso.md5
in a terminal on the computer to which I downloaded both the iso (main Knoppix file) and its check sum file (with the ".md5" appended). Verified my downloaded iso file was "OK" as the terminal output assured. Doing this a second time, but to the iso burned to cd or dvd, should tell you if the transfer from computer hard drive to CD/DVD is "OK" as well -- thus saving you time and money burning CDs/DVDs on the possibility they are not OK.
I am learning linux as well, and sometimes the geekspeak is a barrier. You may already know all of this -- in which case this post is to help others along as I have been helped.
-
I also note that your iso file is the "DE" or German version. Being in the UK, perhaps the "EN" version may help you more.
Similar Threads
-
By Capricorny in forum News
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-08-2010, 05:09 AM
-
By medmanx2 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-04-2010, 06:32 AM
-
By paradocs in forum News
Replies: 22
Last Post: 01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
-
By Valkyrie77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
-
By Arran in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

Sandisk Crayola 64GB USB-C Flash Drive, 2pk Cerulean Blue and Electric Lime,
$11.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Apple MFi Flash Drive Memory Storage Photo Stick for iPhone iPad Lightning USB C
$37.99