Quote Originally Posted by grandad
Hi Hal8000. Got stuck in this morning and printed out Sudo fdisk -l and this is what I got back from the terminal. I will just put it down as it printed out. OK?

Units=cylinders of 16065 * 512=8225280 bytes

Device. Boot. Start. End. Blocks. Id. System
/dev/hda1 * 1 2433 19543041 7 HPFS/NTFS

Disk/dev/sda: 80.0GB, 80026361856 bytes
255 heads. 63 sectors/track. 9729 cylinders.
Units=cylinders ofg 16065 * 512=8225280 bytes

Device Boot Start. End. Blocks. Id. System.
/dev/sda1 1 25550 20482843+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda2 2551 9562 56323890 7 HPFS/NTFS


Disk/dev/sdb: 4047 MB, 404750848 bytes
4 heads, 32 sectors/track, 61759 cylinders
Units=cylinders of 128 * 512=65536 bytes

Device. Boot. Start. End. Blocks. ID. System.
/dev/sdb1 * 1 61760 3952623+ b W95 FAT32
Knoppix@Knoppix:~$

Hope that this makes some sort of sense to you and that it might help you in some way to get a grasp of my situation. I have logged in to the Debian forums and will ask around on there to see if I can get some sort of a walk through with the Debian installer.(it seemed so simple, but wasn't) and maybe I shall be able to have another go. Regards Grandad Walt.
Yes , this makes sense 3 HD's and their partitions.
If you install Debian or Knoppix install using a linux filesystem i.e. reiser or ext3 not a windows file system.
HTH