-
Senior Member
registered user
How do I upgrade OpenOffice?
In a previous post, I managed to break Open Office by using apt-get to install the latest version. In desparation I reinstalled Knoppix, and now have the system back to the way it was.
How do I install tthe latest version of oo?
thanks,
Tortoise
-
Senior Member
registered user
I often just download the latest releases of OO from openoffice.org and run the installer as an ordinary user. That doesn't install it system wide, but for me that's ok.
I'm using the beta release now which you can get from here.
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/s....1beta2/#linux
Just untar/unzip it with: tar zxvf OOpackagename
Then cd into the directory and run the installer (i forget the name of the installer) like this: ./setup (or whatever it's called).
I suppose that if you did this as root it would work just as well installing it system wide. Just do apt-get remove openoffice first.
Adam
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is APT-GET a no-go with Knoppix?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

M386A8K40BM2-CTD SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 SERVER MEMORY TESTED
$350.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

LOT OF 9 Mixer SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2133 2400T 2933Y Server RAM
$1299.00

2xM393A4G40AB3-CWE SAMSUNG 32GB (1X32GB) 1RX4 PC4-3200AA SERVER MEMORY
$690.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000P-R 288-Pin ECC RDIMM, HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$50.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98