-
Junior Member
registered user
Restore Permissions
Greetings, I have knoppix 5.1 installed live cd like and have somehow changed permissions. I can't run any of the configure tools in the little penguin nor can I right click and mount a Hard Drive on the desktop. Error says need to be root. Consequently I can't log in as root can'
t run a root shell, can't set a root password. I think I might have some how did it by intalling flash-plugin to usr/bin/firefox/plugins but am not sure. Either that or I'm the victim of someones evil plan. LOL!
Is there an easy way to restore permissions?
Similar Threads
-
By andyc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2006, 06:46 AM
-
By borgward in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By Linuxshark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Dell Memory Module - 64GB - DDR5 - CAMM RAM - 5600MHz 16GX8
$599.98

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Crucial MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SG 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V ECC LRDIMM Server Memory
$150.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00