Sorry to have to ask, but searching the forums for "PCMCIA" is a pretty bad experience. There's no way I can see to filter out posts with no replies. There's no way I can see to order the search results by date. There's nothing in the FAQs about PCMCIA.
I've got a 10 year old notebook with an ethernet card in a PCMCIA slot. I'm using it right now with a KNOPPIX 5.1 Live CD. The 5.1 Live CD obviously supports my ethernet card in its PCMCIA slot.
I just burned a KNOPPIX 6.2 Live CD and it boots OK, but there doesn't appear to be support for PCMCIA in 6.2, so my ethernet card doesn't work. The ethernet card's LEDs don't light up. I don't find any way to recognize or enable PCMCIA in 6.2.
Too bad there isn't a "knoppix pcmcia" cheatcode.
Is PCMCIA no longer supported? If not, what's the last version of KNOPPIX that did support it?
Wish the forum search returned more meaningful results. Wish Linux was supported.

W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$135.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99