I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651
Hello,
I have been a Ubuntu user and would like to move to Knoppix and direly need help.
I have downloaded and burnt the "KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso" and would like to install it on to an External USB Seagate 250 GB HDD with GRUB on the MBR of the External HDD not the primary.
Please help with step by step instructions, if you can, though I have been using Linux for 6 years now I unfortunately have a lot to learn.
Thank you all.
Valkyrie77
I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99