Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to install Knoppix ADRIANE to hard drive?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    How to install Knoppix ADRIANE to hard drive?

    Hi all!

    The only thing I really want to know is how to install Knoppix ADRIANE to a hard disk. I tried "knoppix-install" but it doesn't exist on ADRIANE.

    I'd like to install this version of Knoppix, because it detected almost all the hardware (didn't detect the soundchip though), so I don't want to putz around with other distros, I want this one and be done with it already.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    OK, I found out that the Knoppix live CD that has the same version as the ADRIANE (Microknoppix?), will identify my hardware just as well - and there the installation command is present. So that's wonderful.

    But check this problem: when I boot from ADRIANE. I can see both the files on my NTFS drive as well as those on a Maxtor 250GB USB drive. But I cannot create files or directories on the USB drive. When I boot with the Knoppix CD, I can create folders and files on the USB drive, but can't mount the NTFS hard drive - I get an "unknown error". I am trying to copy the contents from the NTFS drive to the USB drive - what should I do? I can't boot from both CDs at the same time.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.

  4. #4
    Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.
    I ran across that too and found out that gparted is not installed. It works once you install it but I'm still having trouble with picking a particular partition. It wants the whole hard drive. I did install to a flash drive successfully but I can't get it to save settings.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by place_username_here
    Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.
    I ran across that too and found out that gparted is not installed. It works once you install it but I'm still having trouble with picking a particular partition. It wants the whole hard drive. I did install to a flash drive successfully but I can't get it to save settings.
    Well, that's an advancement anyway. Thank you!

    Talking about not being able to save settings: how do I get it to remember my screen resolution? I set the resolution to something acceptable, but every time I startx, the resolution is way too high. It's getting to me.

  6. #6
    I don't know. I'm going to give it another try. I have it installed on a 8G flash drive and it works beautiful but it won't save settings or changes even after telling it to make a save file. I have a mepis kde4 install that I tried to update past lenny (It works but it has a few website issues) and my kid seems to have adopted knoppix over it. It's a great system and I really like lxde - I just need to figure out these issues.

  7. #7
    Ok, from looking at the help file on the install knoppix to hard drive choice I made unallocated space on my hard drive and it made a reiser partition on hda4 from choosing automatic partitioning. It seems to work but it did make me a little nervous choosing automatic partitioning. I started gparted and looked at what it did before committing. I still haven't figured out the flash drive yet. I'll update,

  8. #8
    Ok, the hard drive install works great. Still working on the flash drive

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible to install Knoppix on a hard drive?
    By ReuvenNY in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 03:36 AM
  2. Easy way to install Knoppix to hard drive
    By A.I.M. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
  3. KNOPPIX HARD DRIVE INSTALL =NO NO
    By bugsy in forum General Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:43 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 17/5/2004 Run from CD Install onto hard drive??
    By snakerbat in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM
  5. how do I install Knoppix on my hard drive?
    By bubazoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop picture

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop

$221.00