-
How to install Knoppix ADRIANE to hard drive?
Hi all!
The only thing I really want to know is how to install Knoppix ADRIANE to a hard disk. I tried "knoppix-install" but it doesn't exist on ADRIANE.
I'd like to install this version of Knoppix, because it detected almost all the hardware (didn't detect the soundchip though), so I don't want to putz around with other distros, I want this one and be done with it already.
-
OK, I found out that the Knoppix live CD that has the same version as the ADRIANE (Microknoppix?), will identify my hardware just as well - and there the installation command is present. So that's wonderful.
But check this problem: when I boot from ADRIANE. I can see both the files on my NTFS drive as well as those on a Maxtor 250GB USB drive. But I cannot create files or directories on the USB drive. When I boot with the Knoppix CD, I can create folders and files on the USB drive, but can't mount the NTFS hard drive - I get an "unknown error". I am trying to copy the contents from the NTFS drive to the USB drive - what should I do? I can't boot from both CDs at the same time.
-
Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.
-
Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.
I ran across that too and found out that gparted is not installed. It works once you install it but I'm still having trouble with picking a particular partition. It wants the whole hard drive. I did install to a flash drive successfully but I can't get it to save settings.
-

Originally Posted by
place_username_here
Having some problems running gparted - I'm trying to use the graphical installer, and while it offers to run gparted, it doesn't do it.
I ran across that too and found out that gparted is not installed. It works once you install it but I'm still having trouble with picking a particular partition. It wants the whole hard drive. I did install to a flash drive successfully but I can't get it to save settings.
Well, that's an advancement anyway. Thank you!
Talking about not being able to save settings: how do I get it to remember my screen resolution? I set the resolution to something acceptable, but every time I startx, the resolution is way too high. It's getting to me.
-
I don't know. I'm going to give it another try. I have it installed on a 8G flash drive and it works beautiful but it won't save settings or changes even after telling it to make a save file. I have a mepis kde4 install that I tried to update past lenny (It works but it has a few website issues) and my kid seems to have adopted knoppix over it. It's a great system and I really like lxde - I just need to figure out these issues.
-
Ok, from looking at the help file on the install knoppix to hard drive choice I made unallocated space on my hard drive and it made a reiser partition on hda4 from choosing automatic partitioning. It seems to work but it did make me a little nervous choosing automatic partitioning. I started gparted and looked at what it did before committing. I still haven't figured out the flash drive yet. I'll update,
-
Ok, the hard drive install works great. Still working on the flash drive
Similar Threads
-
By ReuvenNY in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2005, 03:36 AM
-
By A.I.M. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
-
By bugsy in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:43 AM
-
By snakerbat in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Palo Alto Networks PA-850 12-Port 1U Rackmount Firewall Security Appliance
$74.99