-
Knoppix boot with no flash disk bootable computer
Hello everybody
I'm new in Linux but I like. I am using for Knoppix 6.0.1 on my all laptops. In Office and In home. I had a problem that my older computer in my office (laptop) has not bootable with flashdisk. But I wanted both, to use knoppix, to have a persistent image and to keep my older windows xp software and records. I found a solution.
Here is the solution.
I downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 live cd image from official Knoppix Web site. I open this iso with isomaster. I deleted KNOPPIX folder from this iso. I saved as diffrent name this small new iso. I burned it a cd with K3B. And I copied KNOPPIX folder of original knoppix iso folder to flash disk with all. I select boot from CdRom option of my computer bios option and I started. Computer started with Knoppix Cd and continue flash disk. Because of its own look for and find KNOPPIX folder automaticaly. Its my most important experince as now. I want to share this my first post of this forum.
Good luck.
Similar Threads
-
By bin_aries in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 05:07 AM
-
By yonder in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:15 PM
-
By milnet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By ikings94 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:39 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gateway 2000 P5-166 No power cord AS IS FOR PARTS
$145.87

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working
$55.55

Vintage IBM OS/2 version Standard Version 1.3 3.5" Diskettes SEALED
$199.00

Vintage Sun Microsystems SPARC system motherboard / CPU board.
$120.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Cz tulip Vintage Fall Mouse Pad, Dark Pumpkin
$17.99

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88