-
LXDE autostart scripts
I'm trying to get Knoppix 6 to autostart 2 scripts, both after it launches LXDE:
1. a script to run as root that mounts filesystems a certain way
for this I started by putting a symlink to the real script in rc5.d, but that didn't work, so I cp'ed the script to /etc/init.d/myscript.sh after setting chmod 755 and ran
Code:
update-rc.d myscript.sh defaults
which looked successful but it doesn't work after the remaster. I suppose all the rest of the init scripts need to run first to populated fstab, how would I do this?
2. a GUI python script to run after the desktop comes up. I've tried creating a /home/knoppix/.config/somescript.desktop file which contains:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py
and that didn't work, neither did creating ~./.config/openbox/autostart.sh containing:
Code:
# Run the system-wide support stuff
. $GLOBALAUTOSTART
# Programs to launch at startup
hsetroot ~/wallpaper.png &
xcompmgr -c -t-5 -l-5 -r4.2 -o.55 &
# Programs that will run after Openbox started
(sleep 2 && somescript.py) &
I can't seem to find any other command line edit that will accomplish this, which is what I need. Thanks for the help.
edit: I figured it out, do this:
create /etc/xdg/autostart/someentry.desktop containing:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Somename
Comment=Scanner
Type=Application
Exec=/home/knoppix/somescript.py
Terminal=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
I also wanted to run a root mount script, which I did by creating another file in the same dir of somerootscript.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=somerootscript
Comment=Somescript
Type=Application
Exec=/home/knoppix/rootscript.sh
Terminal=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
in /home/knoppix/rootscript.sh I put
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sudo /pathtorootscript/rootscript.sh
and that all worked. This took a ton of time to figure out, I hope it helps.
Similar Threads
-
By jogeedaklown in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2010, 04:49 PM
-
By unckybob in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
-
By advertising in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2009, 03:19 PM
-
By ztahf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:20 AM
-
By arwen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$109.65

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00