Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix-data.img problem

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    49

    knoppix-data.img problem

    I installed Knoppix on my flash disk and at the beginning it asked me that there is no file to save changes to. So i inputted 200MB for the file to be created (as told by the screen instructions). However no knoppix-data.img was created on the usb disk and no changes are being made to disk.

    Did I miss something? Please help...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    3

    Re: knoppix-data.img problem

    Quote Originally Posted by rspiteri
    However no knoppix-data.img was created on the usb disk and no changes are being made to disk.
    Did I miss something?
    You were possibly too slow in entering your numbers and so it ignored them. I found I had to have my answer ready in my head before it asked the question and I had to start typing as quickly as possible!

    Good luck,
    D.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    49
    Thanks. Found out what the problem was... I forgot to specify the letter indicating what the numbers refer to... i.e. Megabytes...

    Once again, thanks for your reply...

Similar Threads

  1. using knoppix to recover data
    By robmillard in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 08:58 PM
  2. copying data & mouse problem
    By dannax in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 07:04 PM
  3. help knoppix trying to recover data
    By bradleyko in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
  5. T-Sinus 111 data ; Linux driver problem --- Please help!
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00