Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 6.0.1 CD and "Video Mode" problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 6.0.1 CD and "Video Mode" problem

    My PC boots up with an unrecognized video mode of 317, and any other video mode I select seems to be unusable for my LCD monitor ("Out of Range" or "Invalid Mode" on monitor).

    How do I get Knoppix to boot with a usable mode on my LCD panel?

    Thanks,

    AzJazz

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minny-soda
    Posts
    4
    This one takes awhile because you have to try a bunch of different ranges.

    First, get the specs of your monitor and find the horizontal and vertical refresh ranges. Then, start at the low end and use the refresh cheat codes until you find the right range.

    Cheat Code:

    knoppix xvrefresh=60 (or vsync=60) Use 60 Hz vertical refresh rate for X
    knoppix xhrefresh=80 (or hsync=80) Use 80 kHz horizontal refresh rate for X

    So, if your vert range is 43.5-60, I would start off with xvrefresh=44. (do the same with xhrefresh) and keep trying different combinations until you get the right range......then, you have to log in every time with that code.[/list]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    I get this same err msg whenever I boot up, however I hit the spacebar to continue, and it proceeds to boot and loads LXDE with no problems. I ignore this msg whenever I startup.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Tried That

    I tried all of the suggested cheat codes, and none of them worked. Every time I boot Knoppix from my thumb drive, my NEC1860NX LCD monitor displays an error message that it is receiving an unrecognized mode. The error message is being displayed by the monitor, not by the OS. I have not been able to find a workaround for this problem. Bottom line: I can no longer use Knoppix on my primary machine (Pentium D w/2 Gigs RAM and SCSI drives).

    Deesy

Similar Threads

  1. Booting problem - with "undefined mode"
    By Taffy Apple in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
  2. knoppix-terminalserver 's "secure-mode" broken
    By fischer in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
  3. how to enable "CHANGE READ/WRITE MODE" in Knoppix
    By nn_root in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 12:44 AM
  4. 1:Analog Input Cannot Display This Video Mode"
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
  5. (Video) "Mode not supported"
    By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99