-
Knoppix 6.01 hung during boot and CD is now not recognized
Hi,
I have been using Knoppix 5.1 for some time. Today I downloaded Knoppix 6.01 and burned the CD. When I tried to boot, my cd drive spun for a while, and finally I got a input/output error line 589. After a couple of minutes, I did a hard reboot to windows.
Since using Knoppix 6.01, my CD Rom drive will open and close, but there is no light and while it is recognized by both dos and Windows 2000, both systems indicate that there is no cd present. I have tried several CD's and it does not matter.
I tried my Knoppix 5.0 cd and it is not recognized. I put the knoppix 5.0 cd in the other cd-rom drive and the system booted fine.
I was using this drive all morning before trying knoppix 6.01
Similar Threads
-
By Matthias99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 02:46 PM
-
By NewGuy in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 03:30 AM
-
By Messiaen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By paradocs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 10:13 PM
-
By HalfWalker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99