-
Differents Partitions
Hi,
Is there no way to install knoppix ussing diferent partitions ?? like
/
/usr
/var
/home
swaap
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yes, it can be done.
Set your partions up, install Knoppix to your hard drive,
Reboot
edit fstab so those directories point to the partitions, copy the files from the current directories to the partitions.
Reboot
your system should work
(I've only done this with home so I'm not sure about the other ones.)
Knoppix asks in the install if you want to use a swap partion so that should be the easiest to set up.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Gretchen is right. It can be done. Stephen wrote a little howto for doing this with /home. It can be fount here in the docs. You should be able do the same thing by repeating this method for other directories. If you have some unpartitioned space, or another drive you should be able to do this w/o a reinstall (assuming you already have Knoppix installed). QTParted (which is on Knoppix) can safely resize like Partition Magic, but I think it has trouble with ext3.
-
[quote="gretchen"]Yes, it can be done.
Set your partions up, install Knoppix to your hard drive,
Reboot
edit fstab so those directories point to the partitions, copy the files from the current directories to the partitions.
Reboot
[snipped]
Is there any hack of the "knx-hdinstall" script so that the files can be copied to the different partitions directly?
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is supposedly a new install script on the DVD release (which I have yet to see) although I am unaware of whether or not this feature is implemented. Morphix has added this feature to it's install script but I haven't tried it out yet. It really doesn't take long to do it as described above- it gets the job done.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yea, I thought about trying that trick myself. I wanted to make a /boot formated as ext2 and the rest of it a ReiserFS. Ultimately, I decided to just make the whole thing ReiserFS (except for the swap of course).
Now that I see it's actually being suggested here, maybe I'll re-think that.
Similar Threads
-
By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 25
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By javiergp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99