Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: KWrite in Knoppix CD 6.0.1

  1. #1

    KWrite in Knoppix CD 6.0.1

    Hi all,

    I'm sorry to post this noob question. Basically I use Knoppix to do my C programming for my engineering course and I use Kwrite to write my program.

    Previously I was using Knoppix 5.1 and as I mentioned, I used KWrite to write my programs. I've just downloaded and ran the Knoppix 6.0.1 and I couldn't find Kwrite in there!

    How can I use Kwrite?
    Has it been removed from Knoppix 6.0.1?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I downloaded 6.0.1 a while ago myself, and I've found that it's missing a lot myself, including the scripts to save your configuration, or create a persistent home directory. I recommend that until a stable 6 comes out (this is beta currently), you switch back to 5.1. Also, www.distrowatch.com lists all the packages included in knoppix (excluding the saveconfig and persistent home, which I believe were written by Klaus Knopper himself).

Similar Threads

  1. Is the fstab ok and does kwrite command still work in 3.8
    By cheetahman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
  2. X Server Errors with Kwrite/Kate
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:42 AM
  3. Kedit,Kwrite fonts unreadable.
    By Ancer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LOT OF 8  Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3 picture

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3

$1849.95



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q

$144.95



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory picture

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory

$225.00



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98