So my computer doesn't turn on anymore. I'm going to reinstall Windows XP Pro, but before I do, I'm using Knoppix to save all my data files. One of my login names is Ian^3. I.e. the login name has an exponent in it. When I used Knoppix it had documents and settings for Administrator and for guest, but Ian^3 wasn't there. Does Linux not recognize exponents, and if not, is there anything I can do to get around this and get those files? Thanks for any help and tips.
-Ian

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 1020 Color Plotter Printer Parts: Cover, Paper, Spindle, Tapes, Pens
$32.50
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00