-
How can Knoppix recognize exponenets?
So my computer doesn't turn on anymore. I'm going to reinstall Windows XP Pro, but before I do, I'm using Knoppix to save all my data files. One of my login names is Ian^3. I.e. the login name has an exponent in it. When I used Knoppix it had documents and settings for Administrator and for guest, but Ian^3 wasn't there. Does Linux not recognize exponents, and if not, is there anything I can do to get around this and get those files? Thanks for any help and tips.
-Ian
Similar Threads
-
By inkexit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
-
By 3str in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 01:20 PM
-
By klifnor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99