-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix and WLAN

Originally Posted by
NAOWNER
I own a COMPAQ Presario C700 Notebook Pc
I've created a cd version of knoppix.
I can load knoppix and everything works great but getting onto the internet is a different story.
I have no means of getting onto the internet. I believe I need to get my HP Wireless assistant into my hard drive in my Local disk C. If I do that i can go into
that disk and open it in knoppix which will hopefully find my Belkin wireless connection and connect me to the internet but im having trouble getting it into my hard disks or Local Disk C.
Knoppix doesnt seem to be able to find my wireless card.
Ive tried to go to the knoppix command line and type wlcardconfig but it says it cannot locate a card.
If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to help me out.
Wireless on knoppix maybe a little tricky. Try to read the following FAQ and maybe you can find your way out.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_...ppix_5.1.1_FAQ
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_...ppix_5.3.1_FAQ
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By Narag in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:52 AM
-
By miami797 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By hmeyer in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
-
By efflandt in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67