-
Finding printer on network
I have just begun operating Knoppix 6.0.x and it is working quite well. The only problem is that I am not able to see the printer on the network. The printer is a HP 5550 and is on the same network as the Knoppix computer. The network is a Windows XP Home network. Can anyone out there direct me to instructions on how to connect to the printer. I have checked the FAQ's and the Knoppix support webpage but was unable to find anything useful. Your help is appreciated in advance.
-
Hi derwalroszsagt. I had problems setting up my local USB printer in Knoppix 6.0.1, but then I found that you can access the CUPS interface using http://localhost:631 (See http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L274 )
To get the correct PPD file, I used the Synaptic Package Manager to install cups-driver-gutenprint (Printer drivers for CUPS)
This worked for my Epson DX5000 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop USB port.
I appreciate you are trying to configure a network printer, but the CUPS interface should also cover this.
Hope this is some help.
Similar Threads
-
By DanieleLoreto in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-04-2006, 10:29 AM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By riechert in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 12:19 AM
-
By yazdzik in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 05:32 PM
-
By yazdzik in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75