Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Knoppix Commands

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix Commands

    Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
    I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
    I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
    I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
    I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
    I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
    I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
    /init line 206 toram not found
    init version 2.86
    I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
    I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
    Where I am going wrong?
    Help
    Kind Regards
    Geoff

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Knoppix Commands

    Quote Originally Posted by Sologeoff
    Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
    I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
    I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
    I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
    I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
    I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
    I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
    /init line 206 toram not found
    init version 2.86
    I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
    I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
    Where I am going wrong?
    Help
    Kind Regards
    Geoff
    Never use toram boot cheat code before on knoppix 6.

    One question needs to be answered. Is it a CD or a DVD you are using?

    If it is a DVD, then it makes sense since you have only 2G RAM and the DVD is around 4.5G in size.

    However, if you are using CD, then it may mean that knoppix 6 no longer allow you to run toram.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    toram crashed on me Compaq 5000 Knoppix 6.2. Locked up tight. 540 MB ram not enough? I dont recall the error message, but it appeared to be loading from CD to RAM, as the CD was running but no HDD activity.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    wow, try to load a CD iso to 512M, short answer, NO 512M is NOT enough, the entire 700M of the CD have to reside in ram and it must have ram left to work with, q quick estimate would say 1G or more.

  5. #5
    yes, on my flash installation with a few files added, its using 1.6 Gb so right, 512 isnt enough.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    will All ubuntu commands work in knoppix?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    if you are talking console commands most likely more than 90% will work, if you are uncertain try typing
    Code:
    man command
    to get a brief manual on the command in question.

Similar Threads

  1. log of commands during boot?
    By HatGuy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 01:40 AM
  2. - Boot commands that worked for me - Knoppix 5.1.1
    By dan.g in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
  3. What mounting commands are there in Knoppix?
    By pasi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
  4. New to knoppix--cannot enter commands at boot screen
    By section_8te in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:06 PM
  5. Re-burning Knoppix with built-inboot commands...
    By wingnut2292 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99