-
Knoppix Commands
Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
/init line 206 toram not found
init version 2.86
I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
Where I am going wrong?
Help
Kind Regards
Geoff
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix Commands

Originally Posted by
Sologeoff
Hi to all the learned knoppix folk
I am at a loss at what to do next. ( I am a learner)
I have a HP Compaq Presario V5104 AMD Laptop with a Mobile Sempron Chip Set ATI Radeon Graphics card 160 Hd with 2 Gig of Memory
I have loaded the Knoppix 6 Live Cd and DVD at seperate occasions
I am trying to use the knoppix boot commands when the cd or dvd boots up
I have partitioned my laptop I have WindozeXp on 30 GiG Partition & the rest is partitioned with ext2
I would dearly love to run this Knoppix Live Cd/DvD with the toram command but it doesn't work
/init line 206 toram not found
init version 2.86
I have tried step by step the basic poor mans install.
I am sorry that doesn't work iether.
Where I am going wrong?
Help
Kind Regards
Geoff
Never use toram boot cheat code before on knoppix 6.
One question needs to be answered. Is it a CD or a DVD you are using?
If it is a DVD, then it makes sense since you have only 2G RAM and the DVD is around 4.5G in size.
However, if you are using CD, then it may mean that knoppix 6 no longer allow you to run toram.
Rgds,
Chip
-
toram crashed on me Compaq 5000 Knoppix 6.2. Locked up tight. 540 MB ram not enough? I dont recall the error message, but it appeared to be loading from CD to RAM, as the CD was running but no HDD activity.
-
Senior Member
registered user
wow, try to load a CD iso to 512M, short answer, NO 512M is NOT enough, the entire 700M of the CD have to reside in ram and it must have ram left to work with, q quick estimate would say 1G or more.
-
yes, on my flash installation with a few files added, its using 1.6 Gb so right, 512 isnt enough.
-
will All ubuntu commands work in knoppix?
-
Senior Member
registered user
if you are talking console commands most likely more than 90% will work, if you are uncertain try typing
to get a brief manual on the command in question.
Similar Threads
-
By HatGuy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-30-2007, 01:40 AM
-
By dan.g in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
-
By pasi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
-
By section_8te in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 04:06 PM
-
By wingnut2292 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$295.00

Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core
$999.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00