Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: no network access

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Hello all. Just booted knoppix from cd and everything seems to be in order. However, I cannot get online. It just says connot find mozilla.org or google.com etc. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I don't have an answer for you, because you didn't give us anything to go on. Let me point out several
    things that were wrong with your first post:

    You didn't post in the networking forum (I've moved the post for you).

    You didn't start a new thread for a new problem. (I've split your post out into a new thread).

    You picked a discussion that had nothing to do with your problem to post in, one about IRC, and one that had been inactive for about 5 years at that! The subject had nothing to do with your problem, and anyone not interested in IRC wasn't even likely to look at it. Those who did look expecting a discussion on IRC would likely be unhappy about your "response" in that thread as well, and some likely will not be happy they got an e-mail that there was a response to a thread they were participating in when you had nothing to say on the subject.

    Although you must have looked at old posts, you didn't look at all of the existing posts in the networking section from people who are have reported what seems to be a similar problem or followed any of the advice they were given.

    You told us nothing at all about your Internet connection. We don't know if you have Dial up or DSL or cable or something. We don't know if you have a router and a local network. We don't know if you might have firewall issues. We don't even know what hardware you are on, if you are trying to connect on a normal wired NIC or are expecting that a wireless NIC is going to work for you.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10

    But probably he wants

    netcardconfig

    It's available via the "start" bar or by typing
    netcardconfig
    In a shell.

    I wanted to add to comment to this post because I find the new netcardconfig dialog to be quite clumsy compared to the old one. I get significant (three second) timeouts between each setting when I enter them manually. When I try to run it from a shell via Alt-F1, it starts up and I can use the Tab key to toggle between DHCP and manual settings but once I hit enter it doesn't proceed with any key combination I found.

    This is merely an annoyance of course, but it is a bit of a drag.

Similar Threads

  1. Internal network internet access only?
    By Sebastian99 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
  2. how to access my network
    By eslamgm in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 03:49 PM
  3. On my network, but can't access internet
    By naw77 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
  4. Secured Network Access At Bootup
    By degates in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:24 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Yealink Touchscreen picture

Yealink Touchscreen

$99.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal

$98.95



Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal picture

Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal

$60.00