I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651
Hello,
I have been a Ubuntu user and would like to move to Knoppix and direly need help.
I have downloaded and burnt the "KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso" and would like to install it on to an External USB Seagate 250 GB HDD with GRUB on the MBR of the External HDD not the primary.
Please help with step by step instructions, if you can, though I have been using Linux for 6 years now I unfortunately have a lot to learn.
Thank you all.
Valkyrie77
I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99