I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651
Hello,
I have been a Ubuntu user and would like to move to Knoppix and direly need help.
I have downloaded and burnt the "KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso" and would like to install it on to an External USB Seagate 250 GB HDD with GRUB on the MBR of the External HDD not the primary.
Please help with step by step instructions, if you can, though I have been using Linux for 6 years now I unfortunately have a lot to learn.
Thank you all.
Valkyrie77
I don't know about step by step w/o knowing more info about your drive setup but I did get a hard drive install working by the following post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29651

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage Motherboard Lot: MSI MS-4138 VLB 486 DX4-120 + Macronix 386DX Combo RAM
$175.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85