Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix 6.0.1 fromhd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    knoppix 6.0.1 fromhd

    Does the parameter fromhd still work with knoppix 6.0.1?
    If not, is there a workaround?

    Thx

    Detlef

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    I guess YES as reported in Klaus website

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by maxIT
    I guess YES as reported in Klaus website
    I received a mail from Klaus this evening and I was told, that fromhd works with NTFS and VFAT, but due to some error not yet
    wtih ext2 or reiserfs.

    When I tried the mechanism, I used an ext3 system. So, I will give it a try with NTFS.

    Actually, I'm looking for a backup solution for an acquaintance of mine who uses XP, and I think an off line copy of her system to an external drive would be a simple and fool proof solution.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix default boot to include fromhd
    By kainalu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
  3. fromhd...
    By maxIT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 12:15 PM
  4. Does fromhd work in 3.7?
    By MrGreen in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
  5. cheatcode for multiple knoppix fromhd?
    By Chribu in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 02:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD SDSSDE60-1T00  Never Used No Cable picture

SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD SDSSDE60-1T00 Never Used No Cable

$129.95



1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00 picture

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00

$150.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac picture

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac

$25.17



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$302.99