-
Frequent CD-R spin ups
I am using the Knoppix live CD and I really like it. It's saved my butt for a while now. But I'm a newbie when it comes to anything deeper than basic Linux user knowledge. I like that it only loads what's necessary to run then loads off CD as the user demands. But it seems to constantly spin the Knoppix CD even when I'm clicking on web links. I've been running 5.1.1 for a while and just upgraded to 6.0.1 today. The issue is in both versions. I'm guessing it's not an actual problem but what is it doing? Any way to make it not do this? Seems like heavy wear and tear to have the drive spin up and down every time I click a link. Actually it's not every time but it's quite often but I've yet to figure out the pattern for when it does and doesn't.
I've also used Puppy and I like the ease of use. Its simplicity has removed some fear and helped me understand the insides of Linux a lot more. It's great because you can remove the live CD but it loads the entire CD to do so. Guess it's time to dive into remastering.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By tophat in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2007, 12:07 AM
-
By Henning in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By ghitzjr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage PCMCIA 2.1 E/IDE ATA/ATAPI Interface Card Adapter w/ Cable
$59.99

Vintage Compaq RT235BTW Beige PS/2 Keyboard 247430-001 Erase-Eaze Split Spacebar
$71.24

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37