-
Knoppix 5.1.1 Incorrectly Detects Monitor
I have been using Knoppix live distros for several years. Suddenly, I can no longer run it from my desktop computer because my monitor (NEC LCD 1860NX) produces an error that the signal is out of range. The video card and monitor are the same ones I have been using for three years. This is a new problem that occurs 100% of the time. I called NEW Tech Support and they recommended that I specify "knoppix display=1024x768" at boot time, but that doesn't help. I also played with the video card's refresh rates - to no avail.
I noticed on bootup that Knoppix thinks I have a monitor that is a different model than my 1860, and I'm not sure how I can override the auto detection and specify to Knoppix that I have an 1860NX. Any suggestions (other than buying a new monitor)?
Thanks
Deesy
Similar Threads
-
By kunalagon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By enemorales in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:41 PM
-
By DoubleL in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:31 AM
-
By Calman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G 12G SAS RAID Controller 74-12806-05 B200 M4 Drive Bays
$27.99