-
Thanks for the reply
I suspected as much and I do, in fact, value these particular data quite highly. I doubt I'm lucky enough to write to this disc and not corrupt the very files I'm concerned with.
Unfortunately, I do not have a network to make this really easy so I'm guessing my best bet now is a new hard drive reloaded with XP and a USB enclosure for my old drive for seamless file transfer. That's do-able enough.
I'll be back in a couple of days with some questions about a dual boot so I can run some purely windows software and begin my migration to one of the Linux families. This lightweight Knoppix is really impressive...I will probably move it to the new drive and begin my transition from it. I read you were somewhat unimpressed with this version but to a former Windows user it looks and test drives pretty well.
Maybe I'll download the last of the 5 series and have a look at the man mount documentation.
I went to sourceforge and looked up the PCMan guys hoping for documentation but did not find anything. Any suggestions where? I apologize for the "hold my hand" request but I'm brand new to this ... I'm a pretty quick study so I will try not to unduly burden you with things i can find. Seems like now when you run a search engine the signal to noise ratio can almost defeat you. I'm pretty sure there are excellent resources out there being obscured by the clamour.
Thanks again,
b.line
Similar Threads
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM
-
By samuri_tux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
-
By Matthew87 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2007, 10:08 PM
-
By MoFoQ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 08:30 PM
-
By schnarff in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Western Digital WD121PURP 12TB SATA 3.5" Purple Pro Surveillance Hard Drive
$275.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

WD Red 2TB SATA NAS 3.5" HDD WD20EFRX - SMART TESTED, WIPED
$68.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00