This is showing as your first post, so there is no duplication. It is very unlikely that any moderator deleted a previous post. I sure did not and I'm the janitor around here. You may have written and "previewed" a post, but forgotten to actually post it.

I did edit out your email address from this post. Posting an email address will only get it harvested by spammers and cause you problems. Anyone wanting to respond can respond here, the board will send you a private email that there has been activity in the thread (as long as you leave that feature enabled, you can disable it if you wish). People can also use the board's private message feature to reach you privately, without the need to post an email address publically. No need to feed the spammers.

I'm not clear on what you IP address issue is. Your post showed that you had IP addresses, likely handed out by DHCP to Knoppix on boot. You mention static addresses, many times DHCP addresses can change depending on what order things are booted on. Some routers make it easy to keep a hardware MAC address assigned to an IP address when the addesses are handed out by DHCP. Many current D-Link routers have this feature, for example. Many other routers do not support this and you may have to run netcardconfig and say no to DHCP to assign IP addresses manually, but I would look for an option in the router first to assing IP addresses to MAC addresses if that is what your problem is. But then again, I'm not sure what you are really having an issue with, so restating your problem in simple terms may be the best first step.