Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: The Official AC97/Via Onboard Sound Problem Thread Thingie

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by WimG
    After use the ;

    # /etc/init.d
    # ./alsa-autoconfig

    Sound works fine,but unfortunately I have to do this now everytime when I start up the computer again, what to do to let this been set permanently so I don`t have to set
    this everytime?
    Read my post of July 20th in this thread.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi WimG and All,

    The above sugestion should get you going.
    But if you run from CD as I do, then you need
    to put a script on your floppy or persistent home.

    The trick I use is take advantage of the fact
    that when KDE starts, a script you place in /home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart/
    gets run automatically.

    You may name you script with a .sh extention
    such as MyStartUp.sh

    The first line of such a script is:

    #!/bin/sh

    Save the configurateion and a persistent home.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26
    I found kind off answer on another forum here
    I solved this problem by opening
    bootmisc.sh in etc/init.d with kedit while working as root
    and add at the end off the file


    # alsa working after new startup
    cd /etc/init.d
    ./alsa-autoconfig


    So after this it should be working every startup, Important make a enter after last sentence.
    Sometimes for example when I want to play a soundfile or record sound with audacity I get
    messages like; can't play back or dev/dsp can't opening device
    This can be solved by opening configurationcenter sound and media soundsystem
    and not let aRTs-soundserver start at startup KDE
    I cannnot still let it work all together, I post this because maybe others can use it.
    I am using Knoppix 3.2 from may (Dutch version) and still not so familiar with Linux,
    maybe with newer version off Knoppix it is already solved.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26
    Hi paradox,

    Sorry,I placed it before I readed your answer, thanks anyway, what I did
    you should only do after you installed knoppix on your hard disk with alsa.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. VIA VT8233 AC97 onboard audio controller not working :[
    By psychopath in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
  2. Ac97 detected, no sound
    By greygooseplz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
  3. Problem with AC97 sound
    By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 04:31 PM
  4. Onboard i865 sound card problem
    By darkhack in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:51 AM
  5. OnBoard sound - Realtek AC97 ALC650 not recognized
    By Roger in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade picture

HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade

$350.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i picture

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i

$699.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99