Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
Quote Originally Posted by JockVSJock
My Averatec laptop sound is not working.

When probing with SNDCONFIG (which is funny because I believe this is the tool to probe yr soundcard under Linux), it comes up with VIA Technologies IVT8233 [AC97 Audio Controller].

When modprobing that module, I get a ton of errors.

Code:
No such device 

insmod

failed

insmod sound-slot-0 failed
What is ALSA? It is on my knoppix machine, but I can't get it to run and there are no man pages for it.

Any input would be awesome here.

thanks
Try /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig as root in a console to create the devices for alsa and now that I look I answed this in a post above.
Is there anyway to get these modules to stay loaded once I load them up under /etc/init.d?

I can't find where they are at when I check lsmod.

thanks