![]()
I'm new (today) to knoppix. I'm using it to try and access files from a external harddrive that I had attached to my linkstation. My link station has crashed and doesn't recognise my shared folders anymore.
When using knoppix I was able to access my drives first time around. (3 drives, one in the laptop, one usb external, one usb external used as part of a NAS).
I transfered a file from the NAS USB drive (this is the one I want to recover the data from) to the laptop drive. relaunched pc with vista to check if I could access it. Sucess! So I thought!!!
When i relaunched again with knoppix I couldn't access any of the drives. Cannot mount drive error!!!!!
With the laptop drive & external USB drive I did a clean disk in vista and this seemed to allow me to then access the drives again.
Problem is as the drive with the data I want to recover was part of my linkstation NAS windows doesn't recognise it.
Is there anyway I can get knoppix to recognise this drive once more? Just once is all I need to get the data of it!!!!!
Sorry for my ramblings but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00