I have installed KNOPPIX 6.1 on HD and it ran stable for quite some time. I tried to play a windows game using wine. Wine crashed when I closed the game and KNOPPIX crashed, too.
I booted (no reboot - cold start) the system and it looked all OK until I tried to start KNOPPIX from the grub menu. All I get is the notification 'out of range' in a nice red box on my TFT monitor. I have no problems booting the win XP installation or the KNOPPIX live CD. I believe that BIOS settings and monitor are OK and hope that I can fix the problem with just copying some config files from the live CD to the HD installation. Unfortunately I don't have a clue where to find them.
Tia
Zoor

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Commodore Amiga 1010 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 880K WORKS GREAT
$179.00
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00