-
'out of range' after wine chrashed
I have installed KNOPPIX 6.1 on HD and it ran stable for quite some time. I tried to play a windows game using wine. Wine crashed when I closed the game and KNOPPIX crashed, too.
I booted (no reboot - cold start) the system and it looked all OK until I tried to start KNOPPIX from the grub menu. All I get is the notification 'out of range' in a nice red box on my TFT monitor. I have no problems booting the win XP installation or the KNOPPIX live CD. I believe that BIOS settings and monitor are OK and hope that I can fix the problem with just copying some config files from the live CD to the HD installation. Unfortunately I don't have a clue where to find them.
Tia
Zoor
Similar Threads
-
By Diggs in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
-
By jmdlcar in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 06:08 AM
-
By cbc_B in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By TubaNerd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By mingus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00