Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dell Inspirion 6000 - IceWeasel can't get to internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Dell Inspirion 6000 - IceWeasel can't get to internet

    Thrilled to be moving back to Unix/linux environment after a couple decades of windows!! (Not thrilled that the trojans made the move critical as in Yesterday!!) But, don't want to reformat my HD until I know for sure that I can still have access to the internet! That is what I LOVE about the Knoppix CD OS!! Found it, downloaded it, burned it, it is bootable, and I can move files, read files, etc.

    BUT IceWeasel does not connect to the internet. Searched and tried the fixes that worked for others:
    I tried options and choosing autofind - still no success.
    I also tried about:config and toggling the network.dns.disableIPv6 to true.
    Neither worked.

    Windows Device Manager gives the following for Network adapters:
    1394 Net Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Intel(r) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

    Radio is enabled in Windows, using wireless DSL - connects fine in windows

    Any ideas on what else I should try?

    Thanks so much for your time and consideration!!

    PS - please be VERY specific with any suggestions - although I am from a DOS/Unix background decades of windows has made me VERY rusty!! Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix and wireless thread

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10

    Okay, Harry, you convinced me, I'm trying Puppy.

    My desktop friends are THRILLED to have a bootable Knoppix to play with, so you may see them here soon!

    I will be watching this thread. If I can get Knoppix to work on wireless, I'll be back, too.

    Thanks so much!

Similar Threads

  1. Partitioning Dell Inspiron 6000 for dual-boot
    By rangalo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
  3. Knoppix on Dell inspiron 6000
    By admart35 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 09:44 AM
  4. HYPER Pen 6000 (Serial)
    By Doc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. hp laptop omnibook 6000
    By mearls in forum Laptops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 PCIe USB 3.1 Gaming picture

MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 PCIe USB 3.1 Gaming

$60.00



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49