I've read that Linux doesn't support the Modem-on-hold functionality of V.92 modems, but I know that doesn't strictly mean it doesn't support V.92's.
I have looked around stores, and I have seen nothing but Creative and USR Serial externals (setting aside the USBs), that are V.92.
I would like to know if I purchased a V.92 Serial, if it would be just as compatible with Linux as older V.90 Serials.
I don't even want to start on the whole 'some externals are beginning to become winmodems' stuff too.
I guess the bottom line is.
Are all V.92's winmodems?

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 983 DCT 1.92TB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD SED MZ-QLB1T9
$300.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00