-
Junior Member
registered user
v.92 Compatibility
I've read that Linux doesn't support the Modem-on-hold functionality of V.92 modems, but I know that doesn't strictly mean it doesn't support V.92's.
I have looked around stores, and I have seen nothing but Creative and USR Serial externals (setting aside the USBs), that are V.92.
I would like to know if I purchased a V.92 Serial, if it would be just as compatible with Linux as older V.90 Serials.
I don't even want to start on the whole 'some externals are beginning to become winmodems' stuff too.
I guess the bottom line is.
Are all V.92's winmodems?
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Klik
Replies: 22
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
-
By 10007261 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:03 AM
-
By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By pulsar in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 10:26 PM
-
By davet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00